My son said, “You picked the worst possible time to start this!” And that is why it is the best possible time. By maintaining the burpee regimen when it has been so busy, you have proven you can stick with it in almost any situation. But for me, busyness has not been the problem, it has been very poor nutrition. Can you feel that gunk trying to get out of your body with your burpees? The burpee is forcing you to eat better. Another advantage of starting now is if you missed one or two days the make up is not as bad with the lower numbers. Have you been working on sets of burpees? 10,11,12, maybe 15 at a time? You are doing a great job!
On 12/31, I was taking my daughters to see “Tangled.” No one was in the theater (at the time). So I moved to the back and dropped down to do a set of 15 burpees (the only day I have divided my workout up). I hate doing them in jeans! As usual, I went all out with each one. So when I finished, I was gasping for air and sweating. A theater staff person came in about the time I was pacing in back to cool down, she looked around then left. After going back to my seat, I felt a tap on my shoulder, and the young staff person was asking if I needed any water and “Are you ok?” I had to politely explain I was not having a heart attack, I was feeling the joys of the burpee! Someone at work said, "you are quite an inspiration and a hoot! The theater staff has probably had their share of crazies in the theater and then there was Kiltman!
Think of the craziest place that you will do at least 10 burpees!
No comments:
Post a Comment